Mike Greenberg joined Kelly Ripa for some morning talk show fun. Check out the gallery above and the story below for more on Mike & Kelly in the Morning!
Let’s review the week on Front Row:
* Actor/comedian Rob Riggle is about to live a sports fan’s dream: He will host The 2012 ESPYS on July 11 at 9 p.m. ET. Riggle, a Marine, clued us in on his preparation and expectations as the host of ESPN’s 20th ESPYS telecast.
* On Wednesday, ESPN’s Mike Greenberg (@ESPNGreeny) co-hosted LIVE! with Kelly. Greenberg was joined that day by Olivia Wilde, comedian Kevin Hart and Science Bob who had Kelly and Greeny competing against each other in “lab” experiments.
* The 2012 NFL regular season schedule was released. Did your team end up with a favorable schedule? We caught up with play-by-play commentator @MikeTirico to get his take on the Monday Night Football schedule, what games he’s looking forward to and the upcoming season.
* The face of women’s basketball on the college level, Pat Summitt stepped down as head coach of the Lady Vols but will remain as coach emeritus.
* Monday, the WNBA held its 2012 Draft. ESPN went all-in for the event, playing host (on the Bristol, Conn. campus), telecaster (on ESPN2 and ESPNU) and even changing the look of our Mike & Mike/First Take studio for the day.
* ESPN in the UK brought exclusively live televised coverage of the Merseyside derby, contested by Liverpool and Everton at Wembley, which finished 2-1 to Liverpool. The game brought together two of England’s biggest rivals as they met in the FA Cup for the first time since 2009. Around the world, ESPN networks televise the FA Cup in more than 40 countries, reaching more than 210 million homes in Latin America, including Brazil, and Asia, through our joint venture ESPN Star Sports.