ESPN’s College GameDay Built by The Home Depot will return for its 25th season Saturday.
The show will air live from the neutral site of the Cowboys Classic at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, beginning at 9 a.m. ET on ESPNU and from 10-noon on ESPN. The College GameDay set will be located outside the state-of-the art facility in Lot 3.
In a much anticipated opening weekend game, Oregon will face LSU in the Classic as part of the weekly Saturday Night Football Presented by Southwest Airlines series at 8 p.m. on ABC.
In commemoration of the show’s 25th year, we’ve produced 25 related trivia questions.
We’ll reveal five questions a day on Front Row in the countdown to Saturday.
Check in Saturday for the final five questions and the answers to Day 4′s quiz, which starts below.
The percentages only reflect how people taking the quiz answered that question.[polldaddy poll=5470309] [polldaddy poll=5470322] [polldaddy poll=5470329] [polldaddy poll=5470334] [polldaddy poll=5470341]
Answers to Thursday’s Questions:
1) The GameDay attendance record was set on October 23, 2010, in Columbia, Mo., at the University of Missouri with an estimated crowd of over 18,000 fans on David R. Francis Quadrangle
2) Just once – on November 10, 2007, as Amherst played at Williams marking the first time that GameDay was live from a Division III location
3) There have been 26 celebrity pickers that have joined the GameDay crew, including Will Ferrell, Picaboo Street, Mark Cuban, Lance Armstrong and Kenny Chesney to name a few
4) GameDay first aired in 1987 with Tim Brando as host and Lee Corso and Beano Cook as commentators
5) GameDay expanded to three hours in 2010 on ESPNU with Erin Andrews serving as the anchor; analyst David Pollack joins Andrews for the 2011 season as a contributor to the first hour, and segments through the latter hours