Week in review
It’s NBA All-Star Weekend in Orlando.
Saturday night, the festivities traditionally are capped off with the slam dunk contest.
SportsNation recently put its own spin on world class dunking, NBA stars not included.
Check out the video above featuring SportsNation co-host Michelle Beadle. She helps demonstrate the amazing leaping skills of 5-foot, 9-inch Terry Cournoyea. The man nicknamed T-Dub jumped over Beadle not once, but twice.
Now to our week in Front Row:
* We revealed the schedule for the Jon Gruden QB Camp SportsCenter segments and specials. The popular features will show the Monday Night Football analyst and former NFL coach tutoring the top quarterback prospects for the NFL draft, including Stanford’s Andrew Luck, Baylor’s Robert Griffin III and eight others.
* ESPN The Magazine released its Analytics Issue with Oakland Athletics pitcher Brandon McCarthy on the cover. Front Row caught up with The Mag’s executive editor Scott Burton about the issue.
* SportsCenter anchor Sage Steele is preparing to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon Sunday, Feb. 25 in Orlando, Fla. ESPN is full of active employees, some of whom have run their fair share of marathons, we asked them to give Sage some advice before her run.
* The NFL Combine is underway in Indianapolis. ESPN NFL Insider Todd McShay joined us for a podcast where he discussed , why it’s so important, and how the performances of the NFL prospects this week impact his evaluations.
* ESPN announced that former German National Team Captain Michael Ballack will join as an analyst for UEFA EURO 2012.