On Thursday, the 10th annual Micheal Wilbon/James Brown Celebrity Golf Tournament and Roast took place in Leesburg, Virginia. Pardon the Interruption’s Michael Wilbon hosted the event alongside CBS’ NFL Today host James Brown.
The annual golf classic raises funds for the DC College Access Program (DC-CAP), a non-profit organization dedicated to encouraging and enabling District public and public charter high schools students to enroll and graduate from college.
ESPN attendees included analyst Magic Johnson, Stuart Scott and George Smith.
ICYMI: Highlights from the past week on Front Row
• E:60 entered the ‘wonderful world of Gronk’. Reporter Jeremy Schaap spent some quality time with New England Patriot Rob Gronkowski and his family for the feature.
• ESPN’s newest College GameDay commercial features West Virginia’s head coach and mascot along with the GameDay crew. Front Row talked with the Mountaineer’s mascot Jon Kimble about shooting the ad and the response it’s gotten on the Morgantown campus.
• Have you ever wondered what the ESPN campus looks like from the above? A few members of the ESPN Images team went up in a helicopter to get a treetop view of the campus, check out the photos here.
• September 21st marked the 42nd anniversary of the very first Monday Night Football game. See photos from the first Monday night matchup here.
Row of Four
Our favorites from across ESPN over the past week
• Numbers Never Lie co-host Michael Smith compares Peyton Manning’s arm strength this year to the 2010 season.
• Watch E:60’s feature with Ben Petrick, a former MLB player who has Parkinson’s disease.
• Trent Dilfer shares his thoughts on the NFL referees’ performance during their first game back.
• Enjoy an array of photos in this gallery from ESPN Images.