Everybody’s got an elevator pitch, right? Thirty seconds to convince someone why your position, product, or proposal is a great idea.
Imagine that you need to produce a video that concisely explains how the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil field came together. Tough to do in 30 seconds, right? OK, you have 100 seconds to do it – but more than 200 still images to incorporate.
That’s the task that was given to ESPN Social Media Production’s Steven Roberts, segment producer, and Andy Armas, lead post production editor.
On March 4, ESPN Social Media marked the 100-day window to the beginning of the World Cup with Roberts and Armas’ video below — voice-over supplied by World Cup coverage host Bob Ley.
Front Row’s look behind the scenes at how the tandem pulled it all together is in the video above.
By Dave Williams
Video above produced by Dave Williams
• ESPN’s soccer production crew adjusted on the fly to cover USA-Ukraine in Cyprus this week.
• WWE legend Jim Ross took a trip on the ESPN “Car Wash” this week. He shared some of his ESPN ties and more.
• Michelle Beadle made her return to SportsNation this week; Beadle shared what she missed most about the show.
• See how ESPN delivers sports programming during solar outages.
1. SportsCenter anchor Hannah Storm and NBA star James Harden went to a rodeo:
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) March 6, 2014
2. A younger ESPN college football analyst Danny Kanell was featured on Twitter:
— Danny Kanell (@dannykanell) March 4, 2014
3. Even bone cancer won’t end 81-year-old’s love affair with the Los Angeles Marathon.
4. Enjoy an array of photos from the ESPN Images’ Images of the Week.