On Saturday, ESPN college basketball analyst Bill Walton tweeted this:
Cortez is very stressed & concerned about the weather in the East. He’s trying to become a solar panel like his dad pic.twitter.com/FBe2vk3qdK
— Bill Walton (@BillWalton) February 21, 2015
By early Monday, fans of Walton (featured in this Sports Illustrated piece) – and Cortez – were dancing across the water as they sent dozens of well-wishes to the duo in support of Cortez’s momentary sadness. Front Row picks some of our favorite responses and reminds you Walton and booth partner Dave Pasch will be calling two Pac 12 games this week: (No. 7 Arizona vs. Colorado, Thursday, 9 p.m. ET, ESPN; USC vs. UCLA, Saturday 9 p.m., ESPN2)
1. Belle gets points for name-dropping Walton’s favorite coach.
— BLRMKRdave (@BLRMKRdave) February 21, 2015
2. Nice use of a snow-covered dog.
— Doug Young (@DougYoung_) February 22, 2015
3. Bonus points for incorporation of Grateful Dead lyrics.
— John O Killgore (@OKillgore) February 22, 2015
4. Likewise, bonus points for trying to sound like Bill.
— steven eric cevallos (@sickboi23) February 22, 2015
5. Close-up indicating good canine oral health is always a winner.
— Jim Barry (@JWB62) February 22, 2015
6. Puppy! Need we say more?
— Kyle (@Ky_Money) February 22, 2015
7. The author of this post has a dog named Chester that looks like this Chester so. . . no doubt it gets included.
— Dennis W. Alpert (@DennisWAlpert) February 22, 2015
8. Walter’s paw makes the picture all the more adorable.
— Matt Wagner (@MattWagner23) February 23, 2015
9. And a Cortez-alike.
— Jason (@SeacliffRaider) February 22, 2015
10. Familial praise never fails to please.
— Paul Bracke (@pjbracke) February 22, 2015
11. Rescue dogs rule.
— Gabriel Cameron (@YeahThatsG) February 22, 2015
12. Um, let’s hope a squirrel doesn’t cross their path.
— PCLorusso (@lorusso_pc) February 22, 2015