Longtime ESPN college football analyst Beano Cook passed away earlier this week in Pittsburgh. Beano was 81.
Carroll H. “Beano” Cook was one of the sport’s most memorable commentators. In addition to college football programming, SportsCenter and ESPNEWS on television, Cook was a fixture as a guest on ESPN Radio and had a popular podcast on ESPN.com.
In the video above which aired this morning on College GameDay, commentators Chris Fowler and Lee Corso salute their great friend and colleague Cook.
ICYMI: Highlights from the past week on Front Row
• With the popularity of John Clayton’s now famous This is SportsCenter spot, we thought we’d shed some light on NFL Insider Adam Schefter and his home office. Schefter shares some details about the memorabilia that covers his bookshelf.
•Comedian and impressionist Frank Caliendo is joining ESPN’s Sunday NFL Countdown as a contributor. His first appearance is Sunday at 10 a.m. ET with Chris Berman and company at the ESPN studios in Bristol, Conn.
• Front Row remembered the late Beano Cook with memorable quotes and photos.
• A Q&A with college basketball analyst Jimmy Dykes who recently signed a multi-year contract extension with ESPN.
Row of Four
Our favorites from across ESPN over the past week
• From Grantland: ‘The Disciples of St. Darrell on a Wild Weekend.’
• Enjoy an array of photos in this gallery from ESPN Images.
• A bit more Beano: Beano Cook, in his own words, about the college football world.
• In the video below, Michael Smith breaks down the similarities between where Mark Sanchez is in 2012 and where Kyle Orton was in 2011 and how Tim Tebow makes it all better.