Five writers for ESPN platforms are among 12 nominees for “Best Sportswriting of the Year” for the fifth annual Dan Jenkins Medal for Excellence in Sportswriting, presented by the Moody College of Communication Center for Sports Communication & Media at the University of Texas. The winner will be announced in September.
Last year, ESPN’s Liz Merrill was selected as the winner.
The ESPN contingent among the 2021 Best Sportswriting nominees:
- Howard Bryant, “Police, Protest, Pandemic and the End of the 9/11 Era,” ESPN.com – Sept. 29, 2020
- Allison Glock, “Walk, Run or Wheelbarrow: We Moved our Bodies Forward during the Pandemic,” espnW.com – Dec. 31, 2020
- Tom Junod, “The Hero of Goodall Park: Inside a True-Crime Drama 50 Years in the Making,” ESPN.com – July 7, 2020
- Joon Lee, “Inside the Rise of MLB’s Ivy League Culture,” ESPN.com – June 3, 2020
- Ryan McGee, “The Confederate Flag is Finally Gone at NASCAR Races, and I Won’t Miss It for a Second,” ESPN.com – June 10, 2020